Dental implants have revolutionized dental care, offering a long-term solution for missing teeth. The prosthodontists and periodontist at our dental office in North Andover recognized the need years ago and have decided to specialize in placing dental implants. However, the market is rife with tempting offers of cheap dental implants, both locally in North Andover and abroad, which can be more harmful than beneficial. Understanding the risks associated with low-cost dental implants is crucial for your oral health and overall well-being.
Why Bargain Dental Implant Prices Can Be Misleading
1. Monthly Payment Plans Disguised as Total Cost
Some advertisements might display an attractively low price like $150 dental implants or dental implants for $399, only for you to discover it’s actually a monthly payment. This tactic can mislead patients into thinking the overall cost is much lower than it truly is. Always ask for a comprehensive breakdown of the total cost before proceeding.
If you are willing to pay for dental implants with a monthly payment plan, you may as well go for a dentist that is reputable and doesn’t use misleading advertising. Our dental office in North Andover, for example, offers a couple of third-party financing options for dental implants and other dental procedures.
2. Initial Exam Fees vs. Implant Costs
Be wary of low prices that only cover the initial consultation or exam. The actual implant procedure involves several steps and additional costs, including the surgical placement of the implant, the abutment, and the crown. A price tag under $1000 might only be covering a fraction of these necessary procedures.
3. Scams and Upfront Payments
Alarmingly, some offers may be outright scams, especially if they demand significant upfront payments without even seeing a dentist. Reliable dental professionals typically provide a detailed cost estimate and discuss payment options after a thorough examination. If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is.
4. The Importance of Reputable Brands
Some dentists may cut the cost of dental implants by choosing a non-premium dental implant brand. Reputable brands in dental implants undergo rigorous testing for safety and durability. Opting for lesser-known or cheaper brands can risk implant failure, complications, and the need for costly revisions. Established brands often have better customer support and warranties, offering peace of mind and assurance of quality.
5. Seeking a Specialist in Implant Placement
If a dentist is charging less for dental implants, there is a chance they do not have the experience you may be looking for. A dentist specializing in implant placement, like the ones in our North Andover dental practice, will have the necessary training, expertise, and experience. This specialization minimizes the risk of complications and ensures the best possible outcome. In fact, studies have found that implant success rates are higher with specialists than general dentists.
6. The Perils of Getting Dental Implants Abroad
Some people look to overseas dental clinics for cheaper dental implant surgery prices. There are several concerns here, including:
- Lack of Regulations: Overseas clinics might not adhere to the same stringent standards and regulations that are in place in the US and Massachusetts. This can mean compromising on sterilization, quality of materials, and surgical expertise.
- Continuity of Care: If complications arise, it can be challenging to get follow-up care from an overseas clinic. This discontinuity can lead to delayed treatment and additional costs.
- Communication Barriers: Language and cultural differences can lead to misunderstandings about the procedure, aftercare, and expectations, potentially impacting the treatment outcome.
Reducing the Risks While Finding a Good Price for Dental Implants
When considering dental implants, it’s important to conduct thorough research and ask the right questions:
- What brand of implants do you use, and why?
- What is the dentist’s experience and success rate with dental implant procedures?
- How do you handle complications or failures?
- Can you provide patient testimonials, references, or before and after pictures of dental implant patients?
- Do you have any payment plans for dental implants?
If you are looking for a reputable dentist near you in North Andover that specializes in dental implants, look no further than North Andover Dental Partners. Our dental practice has three dentists that specialize in placing dental implants including two prosthodontists who can place the dental crowns as well. We’d love to meet you for a dental implant consultation.