At North Andover Dental Partners we take a great deal of effort in creating a denture with a comfortable fit and effective function. Here are some steps you can take to maintain the quality of your denture over time:
- Do not make any adjustments to your denture. If the denture doesn’t fit right contact your dentist and let them know.
- Brush the outside and inside of your denture with a special soft denture brush.
- Do not use toothpaste to brush your dentures, as it can be too abrasive. Instead, use denture cream, since it’s specifically formulated for use on dentures.
- Use cold water when cleaning dentures, since overly hot water can cause the dentures to warp.
- Inspect your dentures regularly for signs of wear. Changes in the denture’s shape can impact how well it functions.
- Make sure to still visit the dentist regularly and notify your dentist of any discomfort or looseness from your denture.
- Make sure to still visit the dentist regularly and notify your dentist of any discomfort from your denture.
- When not in use, cover the dentures in water or denture cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
If you have any questions at all about your denture, don’t hesitate to call North Andover Dental Partners to consult with your dentist.